Title: This Is the Police
Platforms: PC, macOS, Linux, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 02 August 2016 (PC, macOS, Linux); 22 March 2017 (PS4, Xbox One); 24 October 2017 (Nintendo Switch)
Buy on: Steam | GOG | PlayStation Store | Xbox Store | Nintendo eShop
This Is the Police is a strategy/adventure game set in a city spiraling the drain. You’ll come face to face with the ugly underbelly of Freeburg as gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd (portrayed by Jon St. John, the voice of Duke Nukem).
Dive into a deep story of corruption, crime and intrigues. You are taking the role of Police Chief Jack Boyd – you’ll come face to face with the ugly underbelly of Freeburg, a city spiraling the drain. Will Jack see his retirement with a nice sum of money waiting to be spend or will he end up broken … or even worse?
Immerse yourself in a controversial tale of corruption, crime, and political intrigue. Manage your staff, respond to emergencies, and investigate crimes in a city on the brink of chaos. The mafia underworld maneuvers behind the scenes, sinking their claws ever deeper into the city, even as the mayor is ready to exploit every situation to his political advantage.
Choose your approach to each situation as it unfolds. Sometimes you’ll be responding to a developing crisis at a crime scene, or negotiating with Freeburg’s crime bosses. Sometimes you’ll find yourself dodging questions in the press room, or even the occasional cross-examination in the witness box. Can you keep this pressure cooker from exploding, at least for long enough to stash away a nice retirement nest egg? Or will you land yourself behind bars — or worse?
- Your mission is clear: Make 500.000$ in 180 days, before Jack Boyd goes to retirement. How? Up to you!
- Decisions, decisions, decisions – This Is the Police is all about a dark story and how you react to it. Whatever you decide, it will influence your game – and the fate of Jack Boyd.
- The Good, the Bad … the Ugly? The Chief of Freeburg’s Police Department is dealing with all kind of people. It is up to you, to sort out the bad boys.
- Follow your duties: As head of Freeburg PD, Jack has to take care of the daily routine – responding to emergencies, managing his officers, fighting for budget …
- Start and solve Investigations and get evidence against the criminal gangs in Freeburg.
- Deal with the different powers of the city: The Mayor, the Mafia, the Church, the Labor Union: everyone offers you a favor, but everything has its price …
- Rich and fully voice acted story: Jack Boyd is portrayed by the glorious Jon St. John (aka the voice of Duke Nukem).